To apply for an available position, please send cover letter, resume, samples of work or other relevant information – anything that would help us make a decision – to careers@TRACEinternational.org.
Interested in an internship with TRACE? Learn about our Summer Internship Program below.
TRACE is now accepting applications for the following positions for immediate consideration:
Bilingual Due Diligence Associate
TRACE is a dynamic and growing company in Annapolis, Maryland, that provides practical and cost-effective anti-bribery compliance solutions for multinational companies and their commercial intermediaries. TRACE is looking for numerous analytical and process-oriented individuals for our due diligence business. A key component of anti-bribery compliance is a due diligence review of businesses and individuals operating in overseas markets.
- Responsible for completing a variety of due diligence reviews
- Manages multiple files and is responsible for ongoing correspondence with the intermediary/agent
- Responsible for understanding FCPA concepts to request appropriate follow-up on relevant issues and evaluation of the information obtained to ensure it meets product requirements.
- Must be able to perform database searches of key individual and company names across multiple databases, analyze the results and then send appropriate follow-up requests to the intermediary/agent.
- Expected to produce high quality professional reports within the anticipated cycle times.
- Occasionally called on to use their due diligence skills to assist with consulting and other projects.
- Those with foreign language skills provide translations in support of TRACE products and projects, review TRACE materials prepared in other languages and assist other associates with files requiring their language skills.
- Complete fluency English and French, German, Arabic, Portuguese, Spanish or Mandarin (writing, speaking, listening, and reading)
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Intercultural Communication, Political Science, Law, International Studies, Library Science, Languages, or a related field.
- At least 1-2 years’ office experience
- At least 2 years’ experience with MS Word and Excel
- Have relevant research and/or large-firm paralegal experience
- Are detail-oriented and highly organized
- Possess strong time-management, analytical and issue-spotting skills
- Can multi-task and prioritize among many different assignments
- Have an understanding of corporate ownership structures
- Are familiar with Lexis Diligence and/or Westlaw
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Business Development Consultant, Germany
TRACE is a dynamic and growing international organization based in Annapolis (USA) that provides anti-bribery compliance solutions for companies with global operations. We are seeking an energetic individual to join our international business development team. This position is based in Germany (candidates should reside near Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin or Hamburg). Ideal candidates will be results-driven and have an understanding of the consultative, intangible relationship-based sales role. Candidates must be equally effective at generating and qualifying new sales leads as well as closing business with new multinational companies.
You will be targeting new corporate clients and members in German-speaking markets using your existing network as well as supplied leads. This is a new role and requires a strategic thinker and proactive individual. You will be focused on delivering anti-bribery compliance solutions to multinational companies operating in a variety of verticals. The sales process can be complex at times with long sales cycles.
- Identify and target new corporate clients and members in Germany as well as in in other German-speaking countries
- Generate new business opportunities via cold calling, responding to inbound leads, participating in RFPs, and attending events
- Manage a sales pipeline of opportunities with ability to forecast and close deals
- Prospect to assigned target accounts with the goal of generating interest in TRACE, engaging with compliance professionals, and securing a follow-up discussion and / or demonstration of TRACE tools and resources
- Negotiate contracts, develop pricing strategies and prepare proposals
- Utilize direct marketing strategies, sales process management and marketing support materials to develop and execute sales
- Develop and present on sound business conclusions from gathered information
- Improve KPIs (e.g., conversion rates, acquisition rates, retention rates)
- Work collaboratively with other departments to support overall growth of TRACE
- Develop long term valued relationships with members and clients
- Identify industry trends and continually develop knowledge of anti-bribery compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, marketing or business related subject preferred.
- Fluent in English and German; other languages an asset
- 3+ years of sales and business development experience
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Proven track record in consulting/solution selling
- Excellent customer interface skills – ability to deliver presentations and drive meetings
- Significant degree of self-motivation, direction and integrity
- Strong reporting and data management skills
- Experience working closely with senior-level management of larger corporations
- Knowledge of due diligence and FCPA/anti-bribery compliance preferred
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Summer Internship Program
The TRACE Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience through hands-on assignments and direct mentorship from TRACE’s experienced management team. Summer interns benefit from a number of networking and industry-specific events that promote professional development.
Marketing and Communications Intern
TRACE is currently seeking two full-time Marketing and Communications Interns in our Annapolis office to assist with execution of marketing and PR campaigns. This is a full-time, paid position from June-August 2018. Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2018 or until the position is filled, whichever occurs first.
Tasks will include:
- Raise awareness of TRACE and support our mission to advance commercial transparency worldwide through marketing and communications outreach.
- Assist in formulating and executing marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Assist with PR efforts i.e. undertaking research to identify new press and communications opportunities and drafting press releases.
- Assist with maintenance of press lists and publications tracking.
- Draft content for the website and edit webpages using the CMS.
- Coordinate with internal graphic designer to translate concepts into marketing collateral.
- Assist with digital marketing implementation i.e. keyword research and drafting content for PPC/SEO campaigns.
- Monitor integrated marketing campaigns through analytics tools and CRM reports to determine the effectiveness of campaigns and identify areas for improvement.
- Conduct research of prospective targets, industries, markets and competition.
- Draft social media posts for company accounts that are consistent with TRACE messaging.
- Assist with email marketing for monthly newsletters, event information, partnership event announcements, promotions and surveys.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
- A creative and passionate communicator who is eager to apply classroom skills in a real-world setting and is pursuing a degree in Marketing/Communications, English, Journalism, International Relations or related discipline.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Experience with online analytics (Google analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics)
- Experience with social media networks i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and also the management system Hootsuite.
- Interest in US and International law, specifically the area of anti-bribery compliance.
- Prior non-profit experience and the ability to keep pace with a diverse and demanding workload.
TRACE interns are encouraged to pitch fresh ideas to improve our online presence and marketing strategy with the high likelihood of implementation. Interns can expect to develop a strong, practical skillset in marketing/communications and international relations and grow their personal portfolio with real-world samples of their work.
This position offers opportunities for increased responsibility for interns who demonstrate initiative and produce high-quality work. The Marketing and Communications Intern will:
- Work in a diverse “start-up” environment and collaborate on projects with industry experts and colleagues representing 20+ countries who speak 40+ languages.
- Learn practical marketing strategies from a team of marketing professionals.
- Learn about the rapidly expanding anti-bribery compliance and due diligence industry and how it applies to multinational corporations, their third party intermediaries and the international community at large.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a resume, an original writing sample, and simulated social media posts (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) relating to a TRACE initiative or service of their choice to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.