To apply for an available position, please send cover letter, resume, samples of work or other relevant information – anything that would help us make a decision – to careers@TRACEinternational.org.
Interested in an internship with TRACE? Learn about our Summer Internship Program below.
TRACE is now accepting applications for the following positions for immediate consideration:
We are seeking an energetic individual to join our growing business development/sales team. Ideal candidates will be results-driven and have an understanding of the consultative, intangible relationship-based sales role. You must be equally effective at generating and qualifying new sales leads as well as nurturing relationships with members and clients and closing sales. We offer a competitive salary and bonus structure. Positions are available in both the DC area and remotely, elsewhere in the U.S.
- Generate new business opportunities via cold calling, attending industry events, in-person meetings, etc.
- Manage a sales pipeline of opportunities with ability to forecast and close deals
- Offer consultative compliance solutions to multinational companies/sell a broad range of compliance and due diligence services to potential and existing clients
- Contract negotiations, pricing strategies and proposal preparation
- Research and drive new business expansion
- Improve KPIs (e.g., conversion rates, acquisition rates, retention rates)
- Work collaboratively with other departments to support overall growth of TRACE
- Develop long term valued relationships with members and clients
- Identify industry trends and continually develop your knowledge of anti-bribery compliance
- Education: BA/BS
- 5+ years of sales and business development experience
- Proven track record in consulting, advising, solution selling
- Excellent customer interface skills – ability to deliver presentations and drive meetings
- Proven success dealing with various levels of clientele, especially CCO/GC level
- Knowledge of due diligence and FCPA/anti-bribery compliance
- SalesForce experience strongly preferred
Ideal candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
TRACE International, Inc., a dynamic and growing non-profit membership association in Annapolis, Maryland, provides practical and cost-effective anti-bribery compliance solutions for multinational companies and their commercial intermediaries. TRACE provides several core services and products, including: due diligence reports on commercial intermediaries; model compliance policies; an online Resource Center; in-person and online anti-bribery training; and research on corporate best practices. For multinational companies, TRACE provides a practical and cost-effective alternative to increasingly expensive and time-consuming corporate compliance. For commercial intermediaries, TRACE offers a marketing advantage by creating a bridge between them and companies doing business internationally.
- Working directly with TRACE member companies to support their compliance efforts
- Conducting enhanced anti-bribery due diligence reviews
- Providing in person and online training for members
- Performing risk assessments relating to anti-bribery compliance programs
- Identifying opportunities to engage with new member companies
- 2-4 years of law firm experience or accounting firm experience
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) experience
- Fluency in at least one foreign language
- Strong academic credentials and writing skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism while working independently and managing multiple responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills, including formal presentation skills
- High level of ethics, values and integrity
TRACE offers competitive salary, bonus structure, and comprehensive benefits. Qualified candidates should send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
- Are detail-oriented and highly organized;
- Are self-motivated and will contribute ideas for improving processes;
- Are focused on providing outstanding customer service;
- Possess strong time-management, computer, and issue-spotting skills; and
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Language skills, particularly in Chinese, Italian, French, and Korean, are a big plus!
TRACE is looking for numerous analytical and process-oriented individuals for our due diligence business. A key component of anti-bribery compliance is a due diligence review of businesses and individuals operating in overseas markets.
- Responsible for completing a variety of due diligence reviews
- Manages multiple files and is responsible for ongoing correspondence with the intermediary/agent
- Responsible for understanding FCPA concepts to request appropriate follow-up on relevant issues and evaluation of the information obtained to ensure it meets product requirements.
- Must be able to perform database searches of key individual and company names across multiple databases, analyze the results and then send appropriate follow-up requests to the intermediary/agent.
- Expected to produce high quality professional reports within the anticipated cycle times.
- Occasionally called on to use their due diligence skills to assist with consulting and other projects.
- Those with language skills provide translations in support of TRACE products and projects, review TRACE materials prepared in other languages and assist other associates with files requiring their language skills.
- Must have a college degree or relevant research and/or large-firm paralegal experience
- Are detail-oriented and highly organized
- Possess strong time-management, analytical and issue-spotting skills
- Can multi-task and prioritize among many different assignments
Preferred candidates are multi-lingual, have an understanding of corporate ownership structures and are familiar with Westlaw. TRACE is particularly interested in candidates proficient in French, Spanish, Mandarin, Korean, Portuguese, Arabic, or Japanese.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus structure, and comprehensive benefits. Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Summer Internship Program
The TRACE Summer Internship Program provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience through hands-on assignments and direct mentorship from TRACE’s experienced management team. Summer interns benefit from a number of networking and industry-specific events that promote professional development.
TRACE’s 2015 Summer Internship Program is designed to introduce law students to the field of anti-corruption law. Summer interns will spend nine weeks working in TRACE’s Annapolis office, with a possible two week overseas rotation in TRACE’s Dubai office or with a TRACE partner law firm. Summer interns will engage in meaningful legal work to promote anti-corruption compliance. The summer internship program is available to students who have completed one or two years of law school.
We are looking for students with excellent writing and communications skills, a passion for international law and anti-corruption compliance, and fluency in at least one foreign language. In order to qualify for our internship program, students must be enrolled in an American Bar Association accredited law school.
TRACE’s summer intern program will begin in early June 2015. Legal internships are paid and students may also receive academic credit, depending on their school’s policy.
The deadline for internship applications is March 15, 2015.
Our summer interns will be involved in a number of substantive projects, including:
- conducting legal research on current issues in the field of anti-bribery compliance
- drafting memoranda on recent anti-bribery cases and developments
- creating innovative new anti-corruption tools and services for our member companies
- contributing to the TRACE Compendium, a comprehensive database of U.S. and international anti-bribery enforcement activity
- writing articles on anti-corruption developments for leading legal publications
- drafting talking points for conferences and presentations
Summer interns will work on high-level anti-corruption compliance initiatives, working closely with TRACE’s attorneys and directors. Summer interns also may accompany TRACE attorneys and directors to anti-corruption conferences, trainings, and presentations.
If interested, please send a resume, law school transcript, and short writing sample by March 15, 2015 to careers@TRACEinternational.org.
TRACE is currently seeking an energetic and analytical individual to fulfill the role of Social Media Marketing Intern for the Summer of 2015. The Social Media Marketing Intern will work between 25-40 hours per week from our Annapolis or New York offices. This is a paid position and may also be eligible for school credit.
Tasks will include:
- Utilize SEO and the latest social networking strategies to raise awareness about TRACE and meet business development goals.
- Assist in formulating and executing digital media plans across multiple online platforms.
- Track the growth and impact of social media on our business and analyze this data to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Cultivate new communities and manage branded online communities on the company’s behalf using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other social media.
- Monitor online and offline campaign results through analytics tools and CRM databases.
- Conduct research of prospective targets, industries, markets, and competition to inform marketing and digital strategy.
- Assist with email marketing using Constant Contact for monthly newsletters, event information, partnership event announcements, promotions and surveys.
- Assist with other tasks as assigned.
- A creative and passionate communicator who is eager to apply classroom skills in a real-world setting.
- Proficiency with online campaign management software such as Google AdWords/Analytics and Hootsuite.
- Interest in US and International law, specifically the area of anti-bribery compliance.
TRACE interns are encouraged to pitch fresh ideas to improve TRACE’s online presence and marketing strategy directly to the Senior Director of Global Strategy & Communications with the high likelihood of implementation. Interns can expect to develop a strong, practical skillset in marketing and communications and grow their personal portfolio with real-world samples of their work.
- Opportunities for increased responsibility to interns who demonstrate initiative and produce high-quality work.
- Work in a “start-up” environment.
- Learn practical marketing strategies from a team of experienced marketing professionals.
- Learn about the rapidly expanding anti-bribery compliance and due diligence industry and how it applies to multinational corporations and their third party intermediaries.
- Work with the internationally recognized leader in anti-bribery compliance solutions.
Interested candidates should send an original writing sample, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration. Applicants are also encouraged to submit a sample tweet, Facebook post, and/or LinkedIn status update relating to TRACE. Sample posts must be within the specified character limits of each of these social networking sites